Cookies are small data packages that are downloaded when accessing the web. In general, these technologies can serve very different purposes, such as, for example, recognizing you as a user, obtaining information about your browsing habits, or customizing the way the content is displayed. The specific uses we make of these technologies are described in the table at the end of the next section.
Depending on the entity, the purpose or the term for which the data obtained through cookies are processed, these may be:
a) According to the entity that manages them:
– Own cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
– Third-party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
b) According to its purpose:
– Necessary cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through the website and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as controlling traffic and data communication, carrying out the process of purchasing an order or using elements of safety during navigation.
– Preference Cookies: These are those that allow the user to remember information so that the user accesses the service with certain characteristics that can differentiate their experience from that of other users, such as the user’s settings regarding language, the number of results to be displayed. When the user performs a search, the appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser through which the user accesses it or the regional configuration from where the service is accessed.
– Statistical cookies: These are those that allow the monitoring and analysis of user behavior on websites. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and to create navigation profiles of the users of said sites, in order to introduce improvements in the service based on of usage data.
– Marketing cookies: These are those that allow the effective management of the advertising spaces that have been included in the website from which the service is provided. They allow the content of the advertising to be adapted so that it is relevant to the user and to avoid showing ads that the user has already seen.
– Behavioral advertising cookies: They are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
– Cookies from external social networks: These are those that are used so that users can interact with the content of different social platforms (for example, Facebook), and are used by these third parties to carry out behavioral advertising, analysis and monitoring and research of the markets by the third party owner of the social network, as well as for purposes that appear in their legal conditions.
c) According to the period of time they remain activated:
– Session cookies: These are those designed to collect and store data while the user accesses the website. They are usually used to store information that is only interested in keeping for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (for example, a list of products purchased) and disappear at the end of the session.
– Persistent cookies: These are those in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
4.1.- The user has the option to allow, block or delete the cookies installed on their device through the configuration panel available in section 3.
4.2.- In addition, the user has the option to allow, block or delete the cookies installed on their computer by configuring the browser options installed on their terminal. For more information, consult the instructions and manuals of your browser to expand this information:
In the event that the characteristics or purposes of use of the cookies on this website are modified, you will be informed about those changes in order to obtain your consent again in those cases where it is necessary.